Generation Church began when Pastor Brandon Petty had a clear vision from God for the unchurched and dechurched people in Portland and the surrounding areas. That vision came to reality when Generation launched on March 4th of 2012 to see people find hope in Christ and the local church. On launch day there was an overwhelming response, and it has been an amazing journey ever since. God has done many great things in the past 6 years, including hundreds of people accepting Christ and being water baptized, and the resurrection of multiple families trees.
Today this vision is just as real as the day God revealed it to Pastor Brandon. Believing that God is doing a great work in our lives so that he can do a great work through our lives; the church is continuing to move the vision forward with multiple worship experiences, community outreaches to the Portland area, developing international mission partnerships, and a church building scheduled to start construction in early 2018.
At Generation Church, we have several core principles that drive every decision we make. These principles are not just phrases we remember, or values we strive for; it's literally how we roll.
- We Place Jesus at the Center - A life of growth and change is all about priorities. We will put Jesus first in all that we do as a church and individuals.
- We Will Remain Outward Focused - We are evangelistic in our efforts to reach those who aren’t here yet. We are a church that is ‘sent’ not just ‘attends’. We are all inclusive/multi-cultural / generational church.
- We Will Believe Big and Start Small - We will pray, dream, believe God for the impossible. Big dreams start with small acts of obedience. We will have active and audacious faith.
- We Will Create Irresistible Environments - We will create the culture, God will change lives. People are drawn to irresistible culture, environments, and people. We will be full of FUN, PASSION, and LOVE.
- We Will Lean In - We will engage by leading the way in worship and learning. We are changed by God’s presence and God’s word…and we won’t take it for granted. We will embrace an open hear to learn and grow.
- We Will Not Hide Behind Fig Leaves - We will seek to have authentic relationships filled with transparency and grace. You cannot do life alone and you can’t have authentic relationships by hiding and being fake. Relationships are vital for every person.
- We Will Fight for Men - We equally honor and challenge men and women alike. However, we are unapologetic in our passion to reach the men in our community. When you unleash the man, he will lead his family to greater things.
- We Will Leave a Legacy - We will invest in the next generation. We will always place a high priority on kids and student ministries. We will reproduce young leaders.
- We Are God’s Greatest Resource - We believe in RADICAL generosity. Generosity starts with radically giving our time, talent, and treasure. We will serve, worship, and give abundantly and joyfully.
- We Can’t Stay Here - We will never get comfortable; we must continue to take next steps in our journey. We will strive to always be open to change while avoiding apathy and comfort. We are never finished until Jesus returns.
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God, and as the only basis for our beliefs. We believe in the God of the Bible, and his three personas, who love us despite our brokenness. Although we are flawed, God pursues us and invites us into relationship, through Jesus, offering us both hope for today and hope for tomorrow.
GKIDS is our children's ministry designed for children, from birth to 5th grade, to teach your child about Christ on their level, all while having a great time. We want every child to reach their full potential and become the world changer Christ designed them to be.
GKIDS meets weekly during each weekend worship experience.
Pulse is our student ministry for teens in Middle & High School. Pulse was created to engage students right where they are and show them who Christ intended for them to be.
Pulse meets weekly in groups across the community and once a month for a worship experience designed just for them.
Generation Worship is our team of gifted individuals, both artistic and technical, who lead our church in engaging worship .
Generation Worship lead the way in our weekend experiences and quarterly worship nights.
Since the very beginning we have been an outreach church, participating in local outreaches, assisting in church planting, and international missions.
Regular outreach opportunites include Love Day, the GTree (a Christmas Adopt-A-Kid program), the Generation Prom Experience, and a partnership with Mid Cumberland Commodities providing food for the underprivileged.